[gcompris-devel] Sound Efects

Beit Jabad La Plata rabtuvia at jabadlaplata.org.ar
Fri Jan 2 11:43:48 UTC 2009

Hi,
I run Gcompris 8.4.4.-1 on a Debian Lenny machine.
The program works fine, and the sound of the machine works fine also,
even the music of Gcompris works fine when enabled, however the sound
Efects (like when an activity is finished succesfully or not) don't
work (even when enabled).

Wen I enter the program, I get a Welcome sound message and when you
leave the mouse over the exit button it "says" "Salida" (in spanish),
but no other sound efects.

My machine is an old Pentium 1 MMX. I know that the Gcompris page says
it should be a Pentim 2 and on, however, EVERYTHING else works fine!
just the sound efects don't work! Any ideas??

Thank you,

Rabino Tuvia Serber
Beit Jabad La Plata