[gcompris-devel] GCompris: Request for translation update

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Feb 24 23:31:07 UTC 2009

Le dimanche 22 février 2009 à 22:00 +0100, Karl Ove Hufthammer a écrit :
> Torsdag 19. februar 2009 skreiv Bruno Coudoin:
> >We are about to make a new release of GCompris on March 6th. We have
> >some new features that requires a translation update.
>
> I’m working on an updated Norwegian Nynorsk translation, but found some rather
> strange strings:
>
>   Ambrosius Bosschaert, The Elder - 1614
>
> The actual title of work is ‘Flower Still Life’. It is ambrosius himself that
> is the elder!

Fixed, sorry, for the string freeze.

> The same error is present in another string that contains
>
>   Artist: Ambrosius Bosschaert. Title: The Elder. Licence: Public Domain.

Fixed.

> This same string also contains the ‘name’
>
>   Bruegel d. Ä.
>
> The actual name should be ‘Pieter Bruegel’ or ‘Pieter Bruegel the Elder’.
> ‘d. Ä’ is just a German abbreviation meaning ‘the elder’.

Fixed. And I would love to understand what the elder mean ?

> The string also contains

>   Malissin et frédéric Valdes. Licence: Free but requires the site and author.
>
> Firstly, ‘frédéric‘ should probably have a capital ‘F‘.

Fixed.

>  Also, why use an image
> with such harsh conditions of use? The image is available at other places
> without such limitations, e.g. English Wikipedia at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Lady_and_the_unicorn_Desire.jpg which
> also have much better quality.

I agree but it was the choice of Marc Levivier who contributed on that.
At that time perhaps this image was not available on Wikipedia. Anyway,
we respect the licence. If someone want to redo the puzzle based on the
wikipedia image, i'll commit it.

Thanks for your translation, it is commited.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids