[gcompris-devel] helping teachers with open source softwares

miguel miguel2i at free.fr
Tue Feb 3 18:23:13 UTC 2009

Le Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:40:38 +0100,
Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> a écrit :

> Le lundi 02 février 2009 à 10:40 +0200, Jorge Mariano a écrit :
> > So a few months ago I asked that a module be build in Gcompris, so
> > that the teachers be able to change the words/letters in their
> > exercises inside the activities of Gcompris.
>
> Yes, Miguel worked on it and it's commited in trunk. We need to work
> on the save location to make it functional.

Hi,

Here is a patch.

This save custom data in user_dir and make a content.txt (a md5sum
like file) listing custom files. Simply put this files in a web server
to diffuse in classroom.

GCompris clients are launch with --server and --cache-dir
On start, client download content.txt from server.

And when a client need a file:
- first he search in server list (from content.txt)
 - if found, he check md5 of file in cache_dir
   - if md5 isn't ok, file is download in cache_dir
   file in cache_dir is used
 - if not found, search in package_dir (like now)