[gcompris-devel] Followline activity on a TabletPC

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Dec 13 22:28:22 UTC 2009

Le samedi 12 décembre 2009 à 16:19 +0100, Ronny Standtke a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed Ubuntu-9.10 on an old Tablet PC, including GCompris-8.4.12
> which is really an all time favorite for my kids.
>
> Unfortunately, the followline activity is unusable on a Tablet PC because when
> the kids follow the water pipe with the pen, touching the screen with the pen
> simulates a mouse button press, which again makes the followline activity to
> stop the water in the pipe.
>
> The activity would be much more usable when the followline activity would only
> evaluate mouse positions and ignore the pen/mouse button presses.
>
> Unfortunately, as much as I am willing to provide patches, I am only able to
> report bugs here...

I see, what you can do is edit the file with:
sudo gedit /usr/share/gcompris/python/followline.py

Find the method:
def loosing_item_event(self, widget, event=None):

And change it so that it looks like:
def loosing_item_event(self, widget, event=None):
    if event.type == gtk.gdk.BUTTON_PRESS:
      return False

Rerun GCompris and let us know if it fixes the issue.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids