[gcompris-devel] RFC: Using the Wiki as GCompris homepage

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue May 20 20:30:05 UTC 2008

Le mardi 20 mai 2008 à 11:36 +0200, Lars Vogdt a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I just visited the gcompris homepage http://gcompris.net/ and had a look at
> the german pages.
> * The Development section is missing completely.
> * I also miss a link to the gcompris wiki on
>   http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php
> * The latest news entry is from Nov, 23 2004
>
> => Any change to get this fixed?

Sadly, the site is currently down but the best way to fix it is to ask
me for an account to administrate the german page.

> Beside this: What about using the wiki as homepage?

Hum, I already though about it. I agree that we would benefit in
migrating to a single system and mediawiki is a perfect fit.
That said, it's a lot of work and it won't happen overnight. Perhaps we
could start migrating and decide all new content should go to the wiki
part. Once a locale is migrated, we could delete all the spip article
and point to the wiki.

> The current pages should be transferable into the wiki without big
> problems.
> Perhaps it's possible to include the menu structure unter the flags as
> iTALC does?
> See http://italc.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page as example.
>
> If this meet with your approval, I like to help with the transfer.

Great, that's a perfect exemple, the organisation suits our needs
perfectly. Unless someone makes an objection, please go ahead.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids