[gcompris-devel] Installing Gcompris offline on Ubuntu

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Mar 23 12:47:00 UTC 2008

Le dimanche 23 mars 2008 à 14:39 +0200, Samuel Murray a écrit :
> Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
>
> > Just go to http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and search for gcompris.
> > Then download the packages you need (gcompris, gcompris and
> > gcompris-sound-* for your language).
>
> Thanks.  This method is closed to me, however, because the
> packages.ubuntu.com web site doesn't mention what each packages'
> dependencies are, so the only way to find out what they are, is by trial
> and error (read: run back and forth between internetted computer and
> child's computer with flash drive every time a package complains of yet
> another dependency).  But thanks for the link.

I never used it but synaptic let you download a package and it's
dependancies on one computer and replay the script on another one. It's
unclear to me how it works but at least you need one computer with
Ubuntu and a network access.

If you find a way to do it cleanly, could you please document it on our
wiki at http://gcompris.net/wiki