[gcompris-devel] Questions on GCompris voices

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Jan 5 18:05:48 UTC 2008

Le vendredi 04 janvier 2008 à 21:32 +0200, F Wolff a écrit :
> Hallo everybody
>
> I finally got myself a proper microphone, and I started working on the
> GCompris voices.
>
> I made a file listing all of the filenames and the text spoken in them,
> so that I could translate it all, and construct the files without having
> to listen all the time to the English sounds again. Perhaps we can put
> this list somewhere.
>
> I have a few questions, however.
>
> bosnia_herzegovina.ogg: Serbia Montenegro: Isn't this more commonly
> known as "Serbia and Montenegro"?

You are right serbia_montenegro.ogg should contain Serbia and
Montenegro.

> czech.ogg: Czechoslovakia - I didn't check the use in the software, but
> is this definitely referring to the historic country now split into the
> Czech republic and Slovakia?

You are correct.

> bahamas.ogg: Bahamas - isn't this more commonly known as "The Bahamas"?

True again.

> ok.ogg: "Check answer" - this seems the same as check_answer.ogg - is
> this some mistake? What should translations contain?

True, I tried to get a fix from Susan Rich, the original english voice
author but didn't get an answer. ok.ogg should contains OK.

I would be glad to get a fix for these 4 files from a native English
women to stay close to the voice set.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids