[gcompris-devel] short ogg sounds

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 19:30:53 UTC 2008

Le lundi 04 février 2008 à 11:38 +0100, José JORGE a écrit :
> well, I just tried gcompris with mandriva 2008.1 BETA 1 . This version comes
> with gstreamer-base 0.10.17, and infortunately again a bug with sounds : the
> first half of second of any ogg sound is not heard. It is similar to 0.10.14
> version bug, but not the same.

Always the same problem. It seems impossible for a distribution to
package and test GCompris properly. There is always something wrong, the
sounds here, the translation there, the incompatible pysomething, ...

> Well, I wonder if SDL way is still possible in code?

Sadly no, the code has been replaced, to use SDL_Mixer, one must use
older version of GCompris (up to 8.3.X).

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids