[gcompris-devel] Not Able to INstall GCOMPRIS on Debian having kernel "2.6.22-3-486"

Ankit Sahai ankitsahai85 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 08:27:53 UTC 2008

Hello

I am using Debian having kernel version 2.6.22-3-486. I am trying to install
gcompris-8.4.2-1 on my machine.
When trying to configure it from terminal, it shows an error like :
libgtk2.0 and libgstreamer0.10 not found.
I have installed dev packages of both alongwith around 50 dependencies which
these packages are throwing when
trying to install them and then again run the configure script,make and then
make install.Gcompris get installed but
 it doesn't comes anywhere. When I reboot the machine, I didn't get the
login screen.

Thanks in advance
Ankit Sahai