[gcompris-devel] Voices moved in a separate subversion module (Packager warning)

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.net
Sun Sep 2 09:34:47 UTC 2007

Hi Bruno,

> It's not a good idea, I can commit my bugs alone thanks ;)

I would be even better at creating bugs for GCompris, because nowadays I have
no idea about C/C++/Python/... at all! ;-)

> I just commited a fix to use the anynymous access to gnome svn.

Great, works now.

> OK, I made a new larger button.

Thanks, it works now for longer Strings.

> Sadly, it doesn't mean it cannot happen anymore, making a proper fix is not
> obvious. We should switch to svg and create a tooltip class that creates a
> button that accommodate the text size.

Yes, this would be the solution. I know that modern toolkits have classes for
font metrics, so you can easily determine the height and width of a certain
string given a certain font. In my old days (when I was still coding C++) I
even did something similar for KDE:
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/widgets/ksqueezedtextlabel.cpp

> Thanks a lot for taking care, I made a typo, it's fixed now.

Confirmed, thanks.

Greetings

Ronny