[gcompris-devel] missing menu in Admin suite

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Oct 30 18:17:44 UTC 2007

Le mardi 30 octobre 2007 à 12:32 +1030, jeffery.billing at bigpond.com a
écrit :
> Thank you for your help.
> I have re-installed python-sqlite.
>
> I am certain that it was in the original distro (Ubuntu 7.10).
>
> I installed a later version of Gcompris - before I installed it I used a utility called 'Manage 3rd Party software' to remove the old copy of Gcompris.
>  I think this program must have found a 'dependency' with python-sqlite and Gcompris and removed it as part of the removing actio

I don't think autopackage removes official packages from the distro.

> I have 'Ubuntu' installed on my 'home computer' but will be installing 'edubuntu' on the school computers.

Good choice.

> I am looking forward to working with this suite of programs and no doubt you will be hearing from me again!!

No problem any comments and contributions are welcome.

> P.S. I have just installed 'edubuntu' on another spare machine I have got at home.
> I have discovered that some of the programs required by Gcompris are not installed. I will attack this problem in a methodical way shortly and then send you a list so that hopefully you can contact your friends at Ubuntu and alert them to this problem.

Yes, gnucap is in the recommended section of the Ubuntu package. You
will not have the electric simulator without it.

Tuxpaint is nice to have, and excellent companion to GCompris.