[gcompris-devel] GCompris port to the goocanvas.

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Tue Oct 16 15:14:07 UTC 2007

On 10/16/07, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:

> > The dialog pops up about one second faster than in gcompris-8.4, i.e.
> > in about two seconds instead of three.
> I just integrated the svg canvas item provided by Damon Chaplin.
> Terje, you can make another test. Take care to copy
> boards/skins/babytoy/help_bg.svg in your /usr/local/share/gcompris/
> Since I don't have the original svg, I created a close one.

Hi,

My initial timing based on gut feeling was not accurate. In gcompris 8.4 my
watch measured two seconds instead of the three that I thought it was. I
guess I started counting from 1 or something as embarrassing. Sorry about
that.

I don't have the goocanvas with png version anymore, so I cannot re-measure
it. What changes should I make to get back the png version?

Now the dialog pops up after about one second. If I remember correctly, the
png version rendered in about the same time. One second is still a long
time, but a good improvement from the previous. Half a second is usually
regarded as most time application can spend without giving the user
feedback.

Best regards,
Terje