[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Sun Oct 7 17:07:25 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007 17:08:16 Terje Bergström wrote:
> So, the time is spent in gtk_widget_send_expose(). What does it do? Does it
> call some callbacks in canvas where I could add more printouts?

During expose the actual drawing seems to be done. I'm getting a lot of time
spent in gnome_canvas_group_draw(), which is natural, as all items are part
of a group and that function draws them all.

I'm hitting a dead end here --- it is the actual drawing which uses the whole
time and so far I haven't seen any refresh delays etc. that I could blame for
this.

I guess reducing the number of items to be drawn is the next logical choice.

Best regards,
Terje