[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Terje Bergström terje at terje.fi
Sun Oct 7 14:08:16 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007 16:12:24 Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> I don't know where is may bring us but you can try to digg further in
> our src/libgnomecanvas/gnome-canvas.c:do_update() other function of
> interest are add_idle() idle_handler()

Again, my test case is pressing exit right after starting gcompris and
observing events until the exit confirmation window is up.

I put some printouts to paint, and noticed the following:
art_rect_list_from_uta() gives back three rectangles. Then
gtk_widget_send_expose() is called for each of them. Number 0 is fast, number
1 takes several seconds, and number 2 is again fast.

So, the time is spent in gtk_widget_send_expose(). What does it do? Does it
call some callbacks in canvas where I could add more printouts?

Best regards,
Terje