[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Oct 1 20:00:58 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 30 septembre 2007 à 13:29 +0300, Terje Bergström a écrit :
> One thing I notice is that the plugins are scanned every time I go
> back to
> menu. So I'm getting error messages about missing python, and missing
> libshapegame.so often. Perhaps this scanning is making actions slow?

If I remember the scanning is done once but each time we get an activity
for which we don't have a plugin we probably try again.
I agree we should mark the activity unplayable and not try a second time
but it happens only on broken GCompris where we fail to load a plugin.
It should not be an issue in the field.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids