[gcompris-devel] Performance issues

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Oct 1 19:49:05 UTC 2007

Le lundi 01 octobre 2007 à 06:17 +0100, Terje Bergström a écrit :
> On 9/30/07, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:
>         Le dimanche 30 septembre 2007 à 17:57 +0300, Terje Bergström a
>         écrit :
>         > +  GNOME_TYPE_CANVAS_POLYGON();
>         The last line does'nt compile on my side:
>         gcompris.c:1916: erreur: called object
>         «gnome_canvas_polygon_get_type()"
>         is not a function
>
> Sorry, should be without parantheses. The Debian diff got outdated and
> I copy pasted from there.

I get a warning and we don't accept them:
916: warning : declaration without effect

Are you sure this is needed ? I can't reproduce the issue, geography
works fine without it.

>         Why do you make dummy volatile ?
>
> Sometimes compilers optimize away variables and adding volatile makes
> gcc not to do that. I could try without.

It doesn't matter in our case unless the optimizer is so good that it find
out that this code is useless and strip it. It worked for me without volatile.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids