[gcompris-devel] Problem with Gcompris crashing Kubuntu Feisty (7.04)

Matthew Collier matt at collierm.com
Mon Jul 30 15:42:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

This is my first post so hopefully, I'm doing this correctly.

I have a problem running the latest version of Gcompris (v8.2.2) on Kubuntu
Feisty 7.04.  Randomly I seem to get the following two problems:

1. Gcompris stops responding, the screen freezes, I cannot kill the app, I
can attempt to task switch (ALT+TAB) but the selected switched task does not
display.  I cannot switch task, kills tasks, logout, shutdown or restart.
The only thing I can do is to turn the machine off and restart.

2. Sometimes, when you scroll the mouse to the bottom of the screen, instead
of the pointer either going off the bottom of the screen or stopping at the
bottom of the screen, the screen scrolls up.  This makes it very difficult
for my 4 year old to get the screen "back" without my help.  Sometimes this
happens if you scroll the mouse off the right hand side of the screen, also.

I am running Gcompris in full screen mode at 800x600 and my native
resolution of the machine is 1280x1024.  The machine is fully up to date
with all updates, and being completely new to Linux/Kubuntu (but an admin
level of Windows for many years, so not a user, usually), I have no idea
where to start to diagnose the problem.

Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Matthew Collier.