[gcompris-devel] Australian Accent - (audio sound set)

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Jul 30 05:29:22 UTC 2007

Hi, just wondering if there is voice recordings with an Australian accent?

The current soundfiles are American and some of the words are not so
commonly used in Australia - pronunciation 'zed' vs 'zee' for example.
If children pronounce 'zee' in Australia or the UK this is considered
incorrect English. Other sounds like the letter 'R' are not easy to
understand for an Australian because of pronunciation.

- If not would you be open to accepting some some voice recordings?

Of course they'd need to be good quality and well spoken etc. is there
any preference for adult/child... male/female?

if a short voice sample is accepted I can go ahead and recurd the full
set of words letters etc.
I have a quality microphone and can normalize/compress/cleanup the
sounds for inclusion

- Cheers

--
Campbell J Barton (ideasman42)