[gcompris-devel] Gcompris not stable

Markus Baertschi markus at markus.org
Tue Dec 18 08:02:31 UTC 2007

I've installed gcompris 8.3.2 on an Ubuntu laptop for my kids (2y&5y).
But it looks like it is not very stable, there seem to be several problems:
- gcompris crashes regularly (just vanishes from the screen)
- When my 2y old is clicking around, after a minute or so all icons vanish
  and only the screen background remains. Pressing <esc> brings the
  icons at the bottom back and you can exit and restart it.
  He is clicking with whatever button on whereever on the screen, but
  this should not bring the gcompris in an unusable state !

Markus
--
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Rossé 16             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org