[gcompris-devel] Goocanvas port status

José JORGE jjorge at free.fr
Tue Dec 11 19:52:05 UTC 2007

A Monday 10 December 2007 23:44:58, Bruno Coudoin escreveu:
> Le lundi 10 décembre 2007 à 23:26 +0100, José JORGE a écrit :
> > A Monday 10 December 2007 22:32:06, Bruno Coudoin escreveu:
> > > It's a hard work and sadly does not makes any visible improvements.
> >
> > Not even speedup? I understood CAIRO should get better CANVAS
> > performance...
>
> Well I don't know. On my development platform and based on the low
> graphic intensive usage we have in GCompris, it's pretty hard to notice.

On my 450MHz Pentium III with Nvidia GeForce 4 MX, proprietary driver,
Gcompris does intensive graphic usage : falling dices as example sometimes
have refresh problems (half the dice is lower than the other half). All bonus
animations are badly animated on such a machine.

This is where I hoped some powerups, as simple macromedia applications for
kids running through wine in this machine are much smoother.