[gcompris-devel] Introduction, and money in the game

Peter Hoff petehoff at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 22 06:48:55 UTC 2007

Actually, USA has 50c and $1 coins. Not sure if 50c are being minted currently, but $1 are. We also have $2 notes, though they aren't very common (and notes higher than $20).

I'm not sure I agree that it makes no sense translating money. I think it would be nice to have localized money, enough so that I've considered bringing it up in the past. For the record, the "tux money" looks an awful lot like euros to me, and it's different enough from USA money that my daughter was thrown off by it, and never went back to that game.

Also, sorry for top posting, but I can't figure out how to get Yahoo to quote properly.