[gcompris-devel] jcomprends rien :(

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Mar 9 11:45:07 UTC 2004

Le mar 09/03/2004 à 13:40, José JORGE a écrit :
> Em Segunda, 8 de Março de 2004 22:55, o ragondin escreveu:
> > Hello, bonjour
> > Sorry for non-francophones, but I'm so angry that I could not write in
> > english !
>
> Well, there's one point that I agree in this email : we don't comunicate well!
> - The website is a bit too ofsetized, anyone I've send to it said me later
> "well it was confusing, so what's next?"

I agree that the web site could be improved in many ways. I don't agree
it's too ofsetized. That's important for gcompris to support and benefit
from a wider organisation like ofset. It's a perfect win/win situation.
For this we need to keep gcompris under the ofset look and feel and
umbrella.

> - Bruno, the gcompris page isn't often uptodate (ie it doesn't talk about the
> last gcompris release). What about if someone else help you on this (I'm
> volunteer to help, but I'm not a king of webpages)?

That's true, it's 'boring' to update and sometimes I forgot.

The maintenance of the web site can be done by anybody who as an account
an sourceforge and that is accepted in the ofset developpers group.

In fact, the web site is maintained in a CVS and is made on top of M4
macro. There is nothing to know about m4 to update the pages. You write
regular HTML, you run make and it creates a .html file that you can
verify. Then commit and 24 hour later, the web site is updated.

Note that I recently improved the about page. It's much more clear now
but not perfect.

> - The installation isn't explained in a detailed way (ie. how to install all
> the rpms needed, or hints to particular distribs, etc.)

This should definitly go in our wiki at:
http://www.ofset.org/wiki/index.php/GCompris

> - Maybe we could - thanks to all the translators - provide native speaking
> support : indicate emails to join in particular locale.

No, the translators may have no knowledge at all on gcompris. .po files
are regularly updated by the gnome i18n teams as part of general gnome
translation support. That why it's great to be there in the CVS.

But the idea is good.