[gcompris-devel] release 5.0 in the way.

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Jan 31 06:59:58 UTC 2004

I am working on the release of a new version of gcompris called 5.0

The major number increase for those who ask comes from the GTK port.

So starting at gcompris 5.x, there is no more need for gnome. Well not
100% because the gcompris_edit tool still uses gnome. I'll appreciate if
somebody can port it to gtk.
We could rewrite it in python but it rely on the gcompris core parsing
for the xml menus. So we may need some work to do that or reimplement
the parsing in python which should be trivial.

We have not made any new release for a while. This is good to put in our
users hand the latest version before the freedem.