[gcompris-devel] removed pixmap letter and numbers

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Jan 26 16:05:01 UTC 2004

I just removed the function gcompris_load_number_pixmap from gcompris
core gameutil.c. This function was used to load a letter or numbers from
the directory boards/gcompris/letters.
I created this in the first release of gcompris because at that time
fonts were uggly in the canvas. Now that pango is there and takes care
of the font rendering, there is no reason not to use fonts for that.

That what I do now. I ported all boards that were using it which are
'falling letters' and 'algebra'. Please test them extensively again.

I removed it from the python bindings and the python documentation.