[gcompris-devel] update ru.po for gcompris

Алексей Любимов avl at l14.ru
Wed Jan 21 00:50:00 UTC 2004

Rami Aubourg-Kaires пишет:

>>> Are you taking up the russian translation of gcompris on a permanent
>>> basis?
>>> Since my girlfriend and her son have been contributing quite a few
>>> russian translations in the past few months, it would be good if there
>>> was some syncronization to avoid duplicate work in the furure (new
>>> boards, etc...).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Rami
>>

>> No problem.
>> But at this moment, russian translation is not primary target for me.
>>
>> In order, i'm looking for:
>> 1)Complete voice translation (countrys not done),
>> 2)Internationalisation boards (alphabyte, words, type letters etc),
>> 3)fix program freeze on wordgame and probably other boards
>>
>> and after these tasks, i'm looking for gcompris tezaurus (translate
>> special gcompris words, such "board" is not easy) , clean ru.po and
>> translate documentation.
>

> Quite a task you've got there ;-).

:)

> Let's say that if you intend to translate a board or take up totally
> the translation of the ru.po, you just send me a mail. That way
> there's no risk to do things in double. We can also doublecheck each
> others' translations to have the best quality.

ok.

> It's excellent to have russian sounds for gcompris.
>
> How do you freeze gcompris on wordgame? Is it on altLinux or on
> Mandrake or another distro? Using the SuSE 8.2 rpm of gcompris 4.2 for
> example, it seems that "Reading activities" -> "Reading practice" and
> "Image name" displays only english names for the images, but no freeze.

Distro altlinux.
Wordgames with english words  work quite stable (but not "rock solid").
In  russian words it freezes in random time, with 2 and more word on screen.

> What do you mean by "clean ru.po" ?

1) Uniform translate frequency used words (such terms).
For example, "board" can be translate as "game" (in russian - игра)  or
"table" (in russian - "доска").
But i think, it's word must be translate as "learning task" ("задание")

Anywhere, every entering "board" in ru.po must be translated by one variant.
In this time, some time board translated as table, some time as game,
and some time as task.

2) Translate game names and rules with russian traditional.
For example - fefteen - "пятнашки" (not "пятнадцать").

3) Final review ru.po.