[gcompris-devel] Testing CVS-Version

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 12:02:09 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Today I made an CVS update and tested again. Here are the results:

1. Wrong OK-Button handling in dart game

If you click the OK-Button in the dart game before you throw any dart the
board happily accepts this as a correct solution. It should be the opposite.

> > 3. Modality problems
> >
> > The positive feedback flower in the boards readingv and readingh does not
> > pause the board itself. The board paints its buttons over the flower and
> > can be used even while the flower is presented.
>
> Fixed.

No, its not fixed. I noticed that the flower is not modal in any case
(positive / negative). You can click the answer button several times during
the presentation of the flower. If you click the "correct" button several
times you can crash gcompris because for every click it moves one level
further even when the level does not exists any more.

> > 4. Pause after solution selection leads to problems
> >
> > In some boards there is a short pause between selecting the solution and
> > presenting the feedback. In this pause several things can be done, like
> > selecting another solution or opening the help. If the help is opened in
> > this situation it is not modal any more and we have the same problems
> > like reported some weeks ago. The affected boards are: missing_letter,
> > colors, read_colors, advanced_colors and leftright.
>
> Fixed.

Not fixed. The pause is still there and you can still select another solution
during the pause. This can lead to the situation that in e.g. the
missing_letter board the solution is already displayed (the missing
character) but the selected (last) solution is wrong. Then the board keeps
asking a letter it already shows :-P

> > 5. Wrong number of levels
> >
> > In the board chess_partyend one can select levels from 1 to 9 but it
> > appears there are only 3 "real" levels. The same is with the board
> > chess_movelearn but there appear to be 5 levels.
>
> I am still waiting contibution here. I won't fix that until somebody
> take this up and provide a complete 'training session' for these boards.
> I made the HARD part coding that. Now I'd like to see someone with a
> good chess and teaching skill to complete this.

Sorry, I hardly know how chess works...

> > 6. Empty handbooks
> >
> > The handbook entries in the chess boards help are all empty.
>
> Can you please fill it in:
> boards/chess_computer.xml.in
> boards/chess_movelearn.xml.in
> boards/chess_partyend.xml.in

The same applies here. But I know that there is a white and a black side :-)

Greetings

Ronny