[gcompris-devel] Testing CVS-Version

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Jan 18 17:31:01 UTC 2004

It sometimes takes time by everything happen finally.

I just started processing your report:

Le ven 26/12/2003 à 12:19, Ronny Standtke a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Now that all the jingle belling is over I found some free time today and gave
> the cvs version of gcompris another try. The following things came up:
>

> 1. The 3D-Labyrinth does not work because of a missing icon.
>
> The following error message appears:
> ** ERROR **: Couldn't find file
> /usr/local/share/gcompris/boards/images/gcompris-2d-bubble.png !
> aborting...
> Aborted
>
> I checked the source code and could not find the file. I could also not find
> it in the online cvs under
> http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gcompris/boards/images/

Correct, the good name in the code should point to
boards/images/maze-2d-bubble.png
Fixed now.

> 2. Some boards do not have "negative feedback"
>
> The boards enumerate and target do not provide any feedback if the kid
> provided the wrong solution.

Fixed.

> 3. Modality problems
>
> The positive feedback flower in the boards readingv and readingh does not
> pause the board itself. The board paints its buttons over the flower and can
> be used even while the flower is presented.

Fixed.

> 4. Pause after solution selection leads to problems
>
> In some boards there is a short pause between selecting the solution and
> presenting the feedback. In this pause several things can be done, like
> selecting another solution or opening the help. If the help is opened in this
> situation it is not modal any more and we have the same problems like
> reported some weeks ago. The affected boards are: missing_letter, colors,
> read_colors, advanced_colors and leftright.

Fixed.

> 5. Wrong number of levels
>
> In the board chess_partyend one can select levels from 1 to 9 but it appears
> there are only 3 "real" levels. The same is with the board chess_movelearn
> but there appear to be 5 levels.

I am still waiting contibution here. I won't fix that until somebody
take this up and provide a complete 'training session' for these boards.
I made the HARD part coding that. Now I'd like to see someone with a
good chess and teaching skill to complete this.

> 6. Empty handbooks
>
> The handbook entries in the chess boards help are all empty.

Can you please fill it in:
boards/chess_computer.xml.in
boards/chess_movelearn.xml.in
boards/chess_partyend.xml.in

> 7. Wrong message
>
> In the Labyrinth board there is now a message at the bottom of the screen that
> is only meant for the 3D variant of the labyrinth.

Fixed.

> 8. Manual update necessary
>
> In the click_on_letter board manual it reads "...by clicking on the speaker
> icon..." but now we have a nice mouth icon :-)!

Fixed.

> Greetings & all the happy new year stuff!
>
> Ronny

Thanks, and sorry for the delay.