[gcompris-devel] utf-8 patch

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Feb 29 16:23:01 UTC 2004

I see no problem with your proposal. I dont think it makes sense for
french but that does'nt matter since what you are doing will be
compatible.

BTW, I played with the richtext canvas item. It has to be know that we
can easily edit text in gcompris using it. It works with any locale and
any direction (bi-directional). I have no idea for now but I'd like to
see an activity where the kid needs to edit text.
It could be an introduction to word processing. For example, we display
a sentence and he/she must rewrite it the same. On OK, we underline the
errors, he/she can fix them and click OK again.

Any taker ?

Bruno.