[gcompris-devel] gcompris and slackware

Olivier Samyn osamyn at easynet.be
Sat Feb 21 16:30:14 UTC 2004

dm_ragan at charter.net wrote:

>I am trying to get gcompris to work with Slackware 9.0.  I am using gcompris sources (5.2).  So far, I believe I have resolved all dependencies.  The only thing that doesn't seem to work is libpython.  When running "./configure", a message is displayed about the python pluggin not being enabled.  Everything else seems to go fine.  I do have Python install (2.2), but I'm not sure what exactly the configure script is looking for.  Can someone shed some light on this?

For a quick answer, ensure you have python includes files installed
(Python.h); it should be located somewhere like:
/usr/include/python2.2/

Ensure also you have pygtk and gnome-python installed.

It should work this way but sometimes there are some other config
modifications needed...

So to help you, could you just provide us (or me if you prefer not
flooding the list with config files) you config.log file (created after
a ./configure) ?
And maybe also the python config/Makefile located somewhere like:
/usr/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile

This way I will be able to help you...:)

Olivier Samyn