[gcompris-devel] utf-8 patch

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sat Feb 21 13:33:06 UTC 2004

Bruno:

One last time.  I found some problems in the modified keypress routine
that would cause failure (segfault or fail to detect correct key) with
some charsets.

Also, I found that with the more complex keyboards kids need more time
to find the right keys, so I added a couple of parameters to control the
falling speed and the frequency of character generation.  Basically, a
normal US keyboard has 62 characters in play (A-Za-z0-9).  A czech
keyboard adds perhaps a couple of dozen to that.  A japanese keyboard
has some 160 or so just for the three phoenetic alphabets.

Kids (and me) are considerably slower on the japanese keyboard than on
the czech or US keyboards, so I had to allow configuration parameters
for that.

I'm attaching a modified gletters.cs file that documents the changes to
the config file.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq