[gcompris-devel] Japanese falling letters

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Feb 7 03:59:07 UTC 2004

Le sam 07/02/2004 à 12:25, Yan Seiner a écrit :

> I'm thinking of rewriting the gletters.c to something like gkana.c,
> rather than relying on locale.  That way, a non-speaker can learn kana.
>   I've looked at the code; it looks pretty good and it shouldn't be that
> hard.

No, it's not the solution. You should implement it in gletters. I don't
see your point about "non-speakers". Well you can fork this file but I
won't release it in gcompris. I don't wan't to have an activity specific
to a locale. gcompris is international.

> The one big question I have, and this may be a stupid question, where do
> the letter images get generated?  This may be obvious to some, but I
> have never done any graphics programming under linux.

Since gcompris 5.0 letter and number images have been removed. Now we
use this kind of code to create a text. No images.

  gnome_canvas_item_new (GNOME_CANVAS_GROUP(item),
			 gnome_canvas_text_get_type (),
			 "text", "<UTF-8 String>",
			 "font", gcompris_skin_font_board_huge_bold,
			 "x", (double) x,
			 "y", (double) -20,
			 "anchor", GTK_ANCHOR_CENTER,
			 "fill_color_rgba", 0x8c8cFFFF,
			 NULL);

> OK, I'll see if that can be done as well.

Thanks,