[gcompris-devel] What's the hurry?

stasZ stas at linux.isbeter.nl
Thu Feb 5 08:35:00 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I was just wondering, a few weeks ago a few people on this list,
including myself, where discussing all kinds of intresting stuff
like log tools, combining efforts on different subjects even
the possibility to merge Gcompris and Childsplay.
We then agree (sort off) to discuss this at Freeedem because
we have a great opportunity to, perhaps, decide on some issues
which would be hard to do by mail.

Now there seems to be a log tool, which format is not yet clear but
it's implemented already.
There is a new release with all kinds of new stuff, which seems to be
very unstable to say the least.
The windows port is gone?

Am i missing the point here? or is it who wants to join can join or
else, bad luck?

Please don't get me wrong, i'm not even involved in Gcompris but
i thought to speak my mind, i hoped that we had a great opportunity
to set some standards for edu-progs in general.

Because in my opinion, one of the weak points of GNU/Linux apps is that
everybody does their thing in their own way, i was hoping that we could
make a difference for the relative new activity of edu apps.

Stas

PS, i hope i may still drink some beer at Freeedem with you guys :)

--
"There are only 10 types of people in this world:
 Those who understand binary, and those who don't."