[gcompris-devel] Log Module for gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Feb 4 13:31:07 UTC 2004

Le mer 04/02/2004 à 12:54, Ralf Jardon a écrit :
> Am Mi, den 04.02.2004 schrieb Bruno Coudoin um 01:27:
> > I just commited the implementation of the trace format that includes the
> > keylog.
>
> Wow...
>

> > Ralf, it's up to you now to tell us if this is practical.
>
> OK, first try:
>
> gcompris_log_set_key k/6:k/1:k/2:q/1:g/5:g/0:g/1:f/2:x/2:f/7:f/1:f/0:t/1
>
> The keylog is good but we have forgotten something :-)
> With this log i am not able to see the correct key.
> I have pressed the "k" three times but the "q" was the solution (the
> only visible letter on screen).
> I cannot reconstruct the task. But the task is necessary to analyse the
> faults of the children.

You are correct, you can just see that a kid is sleeping on the keyboard
but you already could by reading on it's face :)))

> Perhaps we can solve the problem in this way:
>
> gcompris_log_set_key
> k/6:k/1:k/2:(q)/1:g/5:g/0:g/1:(f)/2:x/2:f/7:f/1:f/0:(tzg)[...]
>
> The letters in brackets are the correct (visible) letters, if more then
> one letter are on screen, we can log all visible letters e.g. (tzg)...

That makes sense but then we have to add an entry in the API to support
that. First, I want to take time to think again about it and find the
best solution. In the mean time, you can tweak gcompris in gletters.c
and log.c to add this.

> > During this test, I found a bug in the falling letters (gletters) where
> > some letters could be display outside the viewable area. This bug has
> > been reported (don't remember who) but we were not able to catch it.
> >

> That's the "invisible" bug I have reported last week :-)

So We got it.