[gcompris-devel] gcompris 5.0 mandrake

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Feb 4 13:02:00 UTC 2004

Le jeu 05/02/2004 à 02:35, Jean Christophe a écrit :
> Hi,
> Her I am again !

Nice to see you there again. Just understood your 'la vie en rose' email
address.

> The sound worked great with 4.2.1 but I tried the 5.0
> I have mandrake 9.2, and running gnome
> I have installed the 2 rpm's from mandrake cooker.
>     The edit (conf) tool is loading but it is not working at all
What's happenning?

>     The alphabet voices are not working
If it's in one of the reading boards, it's fixed.

>     I have two languages on the pc, french and danish but gcompris can
> just "see" the default language of the user. Even if I try to make the
> changes from system to french, the text is still in english (because
> there is no danish yet!).

Correct, I found this yesterday. It's fixed.

> I am notat all complaining, my daughter is using the game (4.2.1) a lot
> (I have installed it again).
> She is playing "under" Linux, and get used to french even if we are
> living in danmark. It's really great.
> I think that i am not the first wich is writing to you, so I will maybe
> get an answer from an another guy end Bruno !

Nice to hear that. Tell your daugther that I will do a new version soon
(probably next week end).

I will appeciate if you can test it again with the next release and
check if everything is fixed.