[gcompris-devel] Re: [Ofset-members] Fw: how can I help

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Apr 1 14:02:05 UTC 2004

Le mer 31/03/2004 à 19:32, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:46:59 -0800 (PST)
> From: Karl & Denise Herrick <karl_herrick at yahoo.com>
> To: ofset at ofset.org
> Subject: how can I help
>

> I work at an educational software company in Lansing,
> Michigan, USA. We make software for Windows and Mac...
> but as I have a little boy now, I was wondering what
> was available for Linux out there.
>
> GCOMPRIS! Awesome program. Simply awesome.

Thanks. I especialy appreciate this from someone who work in this field.

> What I do specifically at work is two things, Sound
> Editing and QA/Bug Reports.
>
> I am familiar with bug tracking software, as well as
> Cool Edit/Audacity for editing voice from the scripts
> read by the voice talent.
>
> I am also somewhat good at editing webpages.
>
> I only have Mandrake Linux 9.2 at home, and am wanting
> to give some of my time to help out with the project.
> I can do some voice work, voice editing work, webpage
> editing or QA for finding bugs.

You help proposal is welcome. As you can see audio can be very improved
in gcompris. I have no experience in this field and since we focus on
international, audio is hard to maintain. It must remain optional also
because in classroom, they tend to avoid it.
That said, I am open to any proposal that would enhance gcompris audio
experience.
Please, register on the gcompris-devel mailing list that I copy here to
share your ideas.

For the web site, we are going to change it soon by using another
technology (glastnost) which will make it easy for anybody to maintain
gcompris pages or a locale section. At that point, you should be able to
maintain the english section.

Won't it be a problem for your position in your company if they see that
you work/support a free competitor of their offerings? Please, take care
of that.