[gcompris-devel] Nitpicking on GCompris 4.0pre1

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.de
Fri Sep 19 16:08:24 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I tested gcompris 4.0pre1 and in contrast to previous reseases I find it very
nice and stable. But as the perfectionist I am I still have some nitpicking
to do. So here is my list of open issues:

1. Memory Game with images
 If you win this board by playing through all levels tux is leaving with the
 ambulance. Normally the ambulance in gcompris is a symbol of a lost game.

2. Language Configuration
 - for Catalan the Canadian flag is shown
 - the flag for Czech and Polish is missing
 - the language list is not sorted accordingly to the active language
BTW: What is the meaning of the red plus sign at the flags?

3. Speaker icon "misuse"
 In the following cases a speaker icon is used where it does not make sense.
 Some other icons should be drawn.
 - in the railroad board the speaker icon is used for showing the train again
 - in the 3D Maze board it is used for switching between 2D and 3D
 - in the sliding block puzzle game it is used for resetting the game

4. Soundless mode
 If you configure gcompris to run without sound output the following things
 are to be done:
 - the "Click on a letter" board should be disabled/hidden
 - the speaker icon in the "Colors" board should be removed

If this things are fixed I will provide gcompris with a "Verified High Quality
Software" sticker :-)

Ciao!

Ronny