[gcompris-devel] Request for new rpm

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Sep 14 17:36:24 UTC 2003

Jim, I just made a new release of gcompris named 4.0PRE1.

Here are the release notes:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=184497

It includes all the latest development so far including assetml.

Take care, the installation process is a little bit different than
before.

You have to install libassetml rpm with gcompris. Now the voices
(including your sister ones ;) ) are distributed through the ofset
download page.
You will need to install the assetml-flag and your locale assetml-voices
packages.

Hope this will solve all your issues.

On of the uggly thing with gcompris 3.2 is that it eats ALL your cpu,
until you put a ogg vorbis sounds in
/usr/share/gcompris/boards/music/background/
I hope it's realy the problem you had and not a memory issue, or your
very problem is not solved.

Please, tell us if 4.0 works for you.

Bruno.