[gcompris-devel] Problems building gcompris

Nathan Bullock nathan_kent_bullock at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 30 20:38:11 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am running RedHat 9 and I am having a few problems
with getting gcompris to build. Namely when it is
compiling the various files it tells me that files
like libgobject-2.0.la. are missing. I can create
these files since they are just plain text files with
fairly simple information in them, but I don't think
this is the point. Basically what I want to know is:
1. Can I pass some option to configure so that it will
just use the .so or .a library files? 2. why doesn't
configure realize these files are there?

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

Nathan