[gcompris-devel] midi in gcompris

José JORGE jjorge at free.fr
Sat Oct 11 05:09:01 UTC 2003

I agree with the idea of midi : it's done for that.
And lots of boards can be done : for example play midi music with a pc
keyboard, it's very fun for youngest kids, for whom we don't have much
activities. With coloured  notes appearing in screen for example!

What about a configurable midi output system? for example with a list of midi
devices/softwares avaliable, and a possibility to choose between them?

Best would be a default config which tries hardware synth, then software if
hardware didn't work.

José