[gcompris-devel] Python programming in gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Oct 9 03:50:01 UTC 2003

Le jeu 09/10/2003 à 11:38, Mark Van den Borre a écrit :

> > > A well documented example python activity would really be helpful for
> > > novice amateur unexperienced would-be programmers like me.
> > >
> > > Looking forward to it.
> > >

> > Nice to hear that. I will complete the watercycle within a week
> > probably.
> > Do you have an idea of board ?
> A musical memory game maybe...

Wonderfull, we strongly miss that.

At some time I investigated the use of midi for that but midi support is
problematic on Linux. It seem to depends on the user soundcard and a
bunch of external packages. Finally I decided that converting audio midi
to ogg first would to the job.

I can't remember who (and I lost it) put I got a contribution with midi
files.
What kind of sounds to you plan to use? I think it could use sound,
simple melody or random melody depending on the game level.