[gcompris-devel] [gcompris]delete gnomeCanvas

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Nov 17 13:03:26 UTC 2003

Le lun 17/11/2003 à 19:13, bruno patin a écrit :
> Good morning/afternoo,n/evening to all,
>
> So I'm beginning to delve into the gcompris code. I identify now two
> different ways to delete the gnome calls and they are really different.
>
> 1. I take the calls from the gnome library, change the name a little and
> that's it.
> 2. I redo directly from gtk the work done by the gnomeCanvas but only
> with the parts that are really important for gcompris.
>
> What do you think of ??

Well the gnome canvas, as I have been explained is not based on Gnome
but GTK. This mean, we can still use the gnome canvas. The only things
to port are the properties (probably a rewrite since gtk does not offer
this feature (I checked again)), and the gcompris.c main initialisation,
parameters passing from the command line and the window creation.
That means changing 2 files in gcompris, that's all.

> I ghad a question unanswered last time on the ogg vorbis driver that do
> not work. Could you give me an hint ?

Can't find it back. If you have the lastest gcompris and/or cvs, this
has been improved. Now you can select your audio output from the command
line.
With the CVS code, you can do:
$ gcompris -A list
Possible audio output devices are:
default esd alsa09 oss arts nas null

If you don't have your answer here, please repost your problem.