[gcompris-devel] [gcompris]install

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Tue Nov 11 17:51:15 UTC 2003

OK, I did not understood you wanted to work on the gtk port first. That
make sense, you will get a glance of the code.

For the port, start with the properties.c . Today, gcompris creates a
file in ~/gnome2/gcompris and store here persitant properties. I saw
that this exist in gtk also. The migration should be easy.

The hardest part will be gcompris.c. the initialisation I use is gnome
and must be ported to gtk. Well it's not realy a port but a downport
since gnome is above gtk.

Last, you will have to change the configure.in file to remove gnome
dependancies.

Good luck. Don't hesitate to call for help on the list.

Bruno.