[gcompris-devel] [gcompris]install

bruno patin bruno.patin at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 11 04:07:07 UTC 2003

Good morning (perhaps?) to all,

I'm the one introduced by bruno last time. I have at last an installed
version of gcompris on my computer. An old one with a mandrake 9.1
system on it (gcc3.2). I don't know why (first time I use this type of
app) but ogg/vorbis do not work. Perhaps my alsa driver intrfere with
it. Any hints ?

To begin with the real work, in order for me to really understand the
gcompris app I'll try with your help to do the first item of work
pointed by bruno that is deleting the call to the dedicated gnome
functions and letting only calls to the gtk lib. Bruno told me that the
two only sources concerned are :

gcompris.c and properties.c

is he right ? I don't know really well for the time being the structure
of the apps so I'll need help (not too much I hope).

After this first point I'll work on the reporting module. As I said
Bruno, I'll have not too much time so if there is a due date to this
module tell me in order for me to plan my work correctly.

Thanks to all

Bruno Patin