[gcompris-devel] Generic Reporting tool at classroom level

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Nov 8 06:11:21 UTC 2003

As I already mentionned, we need to set up a tool that will help teacher
use gcompris in a classroom. Currently, there is no way to to this and
following 10 kids on gcompris is too hard.

Bruno Patin (Yes, another Bruno) proposed to wokd on this.

In this mail, i'll try to give some idea on what we need and some idea
to achieve that.

First, we can easily include in gcompris a call to a sucess/fail
recording based on the bonus API. The bonus API is the one a board call
when it's a done or a fail. This means, we don't need to change all the
boards to do this, just improve the current bonus system.

Then on the end user level we need to be abble to access to the
classroom result. A web interface could be fine but its should also work
in a 'parent' environment in which a web interface could be too heavy to
set up.
The interface should answer to the question who did what and when in
gcompris.

The system we propose should be independant of gcompris. We should be
able to propose kdeedu, childsplay, the python games developpers, and
other free school developpers to leverage and integrate it in their own
software (I copying the most active developpers I know)

We are facing a problem with login. In some environment, we don't have a
login per user. It could be necessary to create in gcompris a pseudo
login (profile) to record the user name.

That's all I have think of. Feel free to discuss the what and how to do
this on this list so that Bruno Patin will get most of the requirement
early in the development. If anybody want to join, it's would be great,
there is definitly room for others.

Thanks to all,