[gcompris-devel] Announce Gcompris Release 4.1

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Mon Nov 3 10:55:18 UTC 2003

Bruno,

I hope it will be soon in Debian, we are looking at a 1.4.1 release of
FREEDUC to fix some small issue.

Hilaire

On 03 Nov 2003 18:11:17 +0100
Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:

      Just made a new release of gcompris named 4.1.

      In 4.0 we included the first usable activity developped using the python
      bindings in gcompris. This showed how great it works and how easy it is now to
      develop in gcompris. Hope some will take this opportunity.

      Here is the description of the water cycle activity in python:
      http://www.ofset.org/gcompris/boards/fun/watercycle_en.html

      As for 4.1 release, there as been many improvement in the vector drawing
      activity. They can now rotate and flip images and items. That's the only
      vector drawing activity (including proprietary windows software) that I know
      to be targeting kids.
      It's excellent, I moved my older son (10 years old) from gcompris to sodipodi
      without trouble, he knew all the concept, just the buttons changed.

      Even with 40 different activities, gcompris maybe looks like a complete
      education application.

      Not to me. We can and must go further there is many activity missing that
      could help schools and kids all over the worlds.

      We also miss an integrated reporting system so that it will be easy for
      their teachers to monitor whad kids are doing well or bad in the school
      computer lab.

      With gcompris, we already created a top level education application that makes
      most prorietary applications useless and inferior.

      Hope to see you soon on the gcompris mailing list ;)