[gcompris-devel] canvas update bug

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon May 19 05:35:07 UTC 2003

Le lun 19/05/2003 à 11:58, Rami Aubourg a écrit :
> Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > I am sorry for the delay.
> >
> > I had to manage different important changes in my business life, yes I
> > need money to feed my kids. My ex company is now closed and I created a
> > new company named silixon. gcompris remains important to me but my top
> > priority is to make this company works.
> >
> > BTW, gcompris 3.0 is out.
> >
> > Bruno.
>
> No need to be sorry. We all have lives outside Linux. It's already a great thing
> to have this sort of soft out there. I was a bit frustrated, too, when I
> upgraded to Mdk 9.1, to see that gcompris wasn't working. Especially since my
> girlfriends' son has been getting quite used to gcompris, and she wanted to do
> some work on it with two of his friends who came round (school on strike for 1
> week, now).
> Well, maybe I'll just stick with good old Debian or Mdk 8.2.
> gcompris 3.0 should have the Gnome2 canvas bug partly sorted out, right?

Yes, I am on mandrake 9.1 and do not have the bug.
Now it's up to you to check.

> Is there something that we users could do to help you ease the load? Apart from
> bug reports ;-). Translation, etc...?

For example, it would be great if somebody create the asia and africa
geography map. With the latest enhancement in the shapeboard code, it is
easier than ever to do this.

Also, we need to record voices in more languages and the lastest
european country.

Hope to get patches and updates from you soon.