[gcompris-devel] Python plugin startup

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu May 15 15:46:11 UTC 2003

I am not sure to have the correct level of libraries. I remember that I
got a mail from you concerning this but can get it anymore.
Here is what I have on my mandrake 9.1:
gnome-python-1.99.16-2mdk
python-base-2.2.2-6mdk
libpython2.2-devel-2.2.2-6mdk
pygtk2.0-wrapper-1.99.15-5mdk
libpython2.2-2.2.2-6mdk
pygtk2.0-1.99.15-5mdk
python-2.2.2-6mdk
python-numeric-22.0-2mdk
pygtk2.0-devel-1.99.15-5mdk
gnome-python-canvas-1.99.16-2mdk

Finaly got time to continue to debug. Here is the trace.

Breakpoint 1, pythonboard_start (agcomprisBoard=0x8232388) at
python.c:180
180       if(agcomprisBoard!=NULL){
(gdb) n
167     pythonboard_start (GcomprisBoard *agcomprisBoard){
(gdb) n
180       if(agcomprisBoard!=NULL){
(gdb) n
182         Py_SetProgramName(python_prog_name);
(gdb) n
183         Py_Initialize();
(gdb) n
185         PySys_SetArgv(1, python_args);
(gdb) n
187         init_pygobject();
(gdb) n

(gcompris:24284): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gboxed.c: line 312
(g_boxed_type_register_static): assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0'
failed
189         main_module = PyImport_AddModule("__main__");