[school-discuss] Re: [gcompris-devel] Gcompris contest

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at int-evry.fr
Mon Mar 31 05:07:20 UTC 2003

Le sam 29/03/2003 à 14:09, bruno a écrit :
> Le sam 29/03/2003 à 11:47, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
> >
> >       I think it could be great also to reward other innovative additions, not
> >       limiting to the EPI set (unless it's so good and exhaustive, of
> >       course... I must say I didn't check and am not qualified to judge).
> >

> > Nothing can claim to be exhaustive :)
> >

> I agree to not restrict the contest to EPI boards. EPI boards should be
> presented as examples of what can be done and is missing in gcompris.

I reformulated everything in the Wiki so that EPI is not placed up-front
as it was.

I hope, again, it's OK to you.

> >       P.S.: I hope several students at INT (1st year of the Ecole d'Ingénieur
> >       curriculum) will be able to produce interesting contributions... and
> >       mabe win something in the contest ? ;)
> >

> > I hope so too. Student from the Pau University may be able to join
> > aswell.

I good idea would be to declare in the Wiki
(http://www.ofset.org/wiki/index.php/GcomprisBoardsIdeas or a new
NewBoardsWorkInProgress, for instance) what's currently being done by
whom, to avoid duplicate effort.

> > Hilaire Fernandes
> >

> I am impressed by the fast adoption of gcompris as a base for student
> training. Hope it will be sucessfull.

Well...  Let's wait until the end of the project to better evaluate the
difficulty for novice programmers to adapt to the Gnome and similar
technologies. I'm confident, but would prefer to wait for the results ;)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at int-evry.fr>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF