[gcompris-devel] From the python front (and gnome2.2) and problems running gcompris

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 17:26:04 UTC 2003

Le jeu 20/02/2003 à 20:24, pgeorges a écrit :
> First, I don't know how the python API will work, but for example I
> added (not commited) a function to rotate items in gameutil.c :
>
> void item_rotate(GnomeCanvasItem *item, double angle) {
>    double m[6];
>    art_affine_rotate( m, angle );
>    gnome_canvas_item_affine_absolute( item, m );
> }

Great, we missed that one.

> Will this be avalaible with python ?
> If yes, I suppose such functions will have to be mapped to python manually ?

I think so also but it is of low importance because python developpers
have access to the gnome canvas api and so can rotate items without
using a gcompris wrapper.

> Secondly, and more important I started another board and I get many
> problems when running gcompris : plugins crash, don't load, etc ...
> So can anybody confirm that gcompris works well after :
> - rm -rf gcompris_install_dir (mine is ~/tmp/gcompris ...)
> - make distclean
> - ./configure && make && make install ??

You run:
./autogen.sh

Then you should restrict ~/tmp only to temporary thinks, gcompris is
here to last it should have its own directory under your home ;)