[gcompris-devel] From the python front (and gnome2.2) and problems running gcompris

pgeorges pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 11:28:02 UTC 2003

First, I don't know how the python API will work, but for example I
added (not commited) a function to rotate items in gameutil.c :

void item_rotate(GnomeCanvasItem *item, double angle) {
   double m[6];
   art_affine_rotate( m, angle );
   gnome_canvas_item_affine_absolute( item, m );
}

Will this be avalaible with python ?
If yes, I suppose such functions will have to be mapped to python manually ?

Secondly, and more important I started another board and I get many
problems when running gcompris : plugins crash, don't load, etc ...
So can anybody confirm that gcompris works well after :
- rm -rf gcompris_install_dir (mine is ~/tmp/gcompris ...)
- make distclean
- ./configure && make && make install ??

Pascal